Tourism & Wildlife
IndiaMART.com, looking at the highly encouraging performance of its online travel section and demand from its clients in the travel industry in the times of recession, has launched an independent travel portal showcasing Indian Tourism – (http://indiantravelportal.com). The travel portal by Indiamart, already a winner of the 8th Britannica (BIG) Award for Excellence on the Web and rated as the topmost Indian travel site by bestindiansites.com, has thus become the largest single online conglomerate of travel agents, tour operators, hotels and other affiliated services operating in the Indian travel industry, as well as the most comprehensive online information base on Indian tourism.
“Unlike a single operator’s website/portal, IndianTravelPortal.com offers tourists a wider choice from a host of member hotels and service providers at competitive prices while bringing in more business opportunities for the tourism industry at the same time, making it the only portal, in its true sense, dedicated to the Indian travel industry”, says Mr Dinesh Agarwal, CEO – Indiamart.com, differentiating IndianTravelPortal from existing Indian online travel services/websites.
- Destination info: More than 6000 web-pages of travel information on all cities and states in India, as well as over 500 recommended destinations on basis of tourist Interest. Offers comprehensive information on how to get there, climate, pictures, regional languages, places to visit, monuments, historical importance, best time to visit and other details of tourist interest.
- Hotels Directory: Covering over 2500 hotels across India with property information and free online reservation query facility.
- Travel Agents & Tour Operators Directory: Over 3200 agents, 400 itineraries/ catalogs from multiple service providers offering wider choice and competitive prices, with free online query facility.
- Utilities: Online Discussion Board, City Whether Chart, Railway/Air Timetable, Road Maps, Currency Converters, Distance Calculator etc.
- Special Sections: Eco-friendly tourism, health & emergency tips, customs information, legal briefs and more.
- Dynamic Design:Offers novelty to the visitor on each visit, easy navigation, fast downloading, compatible to most browsers/screen settings.
The portal has attracted more than 1 million page-views generating over 30,000 reservation/tour enquiries every month during its pre-launch phase. The online traffic comprises of 60% Indian and 40% foreign visitors.