The DQ Week,
DQW News Bureau
IndiaMART.com is close to finalising discussions that will integrate SGSonSITE services onto their portal in order to promote trust in the on-line B2B marketplace.
IndiaMART.com would integrate quality services of the SGS Group (Société Générale de Surveillance, Geneva), which is into inspection, testing and certification services for rating of Indian suppliers and exporters listed on its site. The ratings, along with other services like vendor verification, product sampling and inspection offered by the alliance will help buyers and importers dealing with Indian suppliers and exporters make informed purchasing decisions based on vendor reliability, thereby promoting trust in the on-line B2B marketplace.
“It is a sign of maturity in a marketplace when the businesses involved seek verification by a recognised body. This move by IndiaMART.com offers a major marketing boost to the businesses listed with their portal, in addition to the trust and confidence it will generate in the online B2B marketplace”, commented Dr Bill Spencer, Director (Global Marketing and Partnerships), SGS Group, on the eve of alliance.
The SGS Group is the global leader in verification, testing and certification, that acts as an independent ‘third party’ providing assurance in on-line transactions by offering ‘Safe Internet Trading Environment’ (SITE) services, providing the confidence buyers and vendors need to transact on the net.
Advantages to buyers:
· Reduce the risk of transaction failure by allowing buyers to make informed choices about products and vendors
· Receive product samples drawn independently by SGS from vendors listed on IndiaMART.com
· Review product specification sheets and order product inspections prior to shipment
Advantages to vendors:
· Independent assessment of their recent successful e-trade transactions
· Verification of self-declared product information
· Flexibility to display seals on global e-marketplaces like IndiaMART.com